小胖
0 回复

【BBC地道英语】大西洋的另一边

上一篇 下一篇 小胖 发表于:2016-09-12 15:11 浏览(837) 分享到微博

大西洋的另一边

Across the pond

blob.png



http://bbs.iyuce.com/RrEVfu
音乐播放

561.mp32.29M需要6鸭粮下载次数:0



What a pleasant day, Neil!I love this park.Some of my best memories are from walking around here, feeding the ducks…
今天真是开心啊,尼尔!我太爱这个公园了。我最好的回忆就是在这儿四处走走,喂喂鸭子……
My best memories are… well, from across the pond.
我最好的回忆…嗯,在池塘对面。
Really? What sort of thing did you do over there?
真的吗?你在那边都做过什么事情啊?
Shopping!They have all sorts of products over therewhich are cheaper than here!
购物!那边有各种各样的商品,比这边便宜多了!
Good shops with cheap stuff… mmm…I want to go there, but I can’t really see from here!
很棒的商店,东西又便宜…嗯…我想去那儿哎,可是我从这里看不到啊!
I’m talking about across the pond. And the food there is so delicious!Big portions and all very tasty!I love Mississippi mud pie!
我是说池塘那边啦。那边的食物超级好吃!份量很多而且都十分美味!我爱死密西西比黑泥派了!
That’s a chocolate cake, isn’t it?I want some!Where is the restaurant? I want to go there now!
那是一种巧克力蛋糕,对吧?我想吃一点!那家餐厅在哪里啊?我现在就想去那儿!
But I told you – it’s too far away.It’s across the pond!
可我告诉过你了啊——去那儿太远了!它在池塘对面!
Don’t be lazy.We can just go walk around the pond.But all I can see are ducks!
别犯懒了。我们只要绕着池塘走过去就好了。可是我除了鸭子什么都看不到啊!
Here in Britain, when we say ’across the pond’ or ’the other side of the pond’we might be referring to the Atlantic Ocean and the United States.Because there’s so much contact between the two continents,we compare the ocean to a pond.
在英国,我们说“池塘对面”或者说“池塘的另一边”的时候,其实是指大西洋和美国。因为这两个大洲之间的联系太多了,所以我们把大洋比喻成一个池塘。
So the cake and the shops are… in America!
所以蛋糕和商店是…在美国!
Yes!Let’s hear some examples of how this expression is used.
是的!让我们来听几个例子,看看这个表达方式是如何用的吧。
The latest Woody Allen movie was very popular on both sides of the pond.It was praised by critics and popular among cinemagoers.
伍迪·艾伦的最新电影风靡了大洋两岸。这部电影得到了评论家的赞扬,并且在电影迷中很受欢迎。
Many American actors are starring in plays in London’s West End. But this is Shakespeare’s territory and I think the best theatre is still on our side of the pond!
现在许多美国演员都在伦敦西区的戏剧里任主演。但这可是莎士比亚的地盘啊,我还是觉得最好的戏剧是在大西洋这边,在我们国家!
You look disappointed, Feifei.It’s the chocolate cake, isn’t it?
你看上去很失望呀,菲菲。是为了巧克力蛋糕的事情,对吧?
Yes, it is.
是的。
Come on.Let’s find a nice coffee shop and I’ll buy you a tasty desert.We don’t have to go to New York for that.
走。我们去找一家很棒的咖啡店,我请你吃好吃的甜点。我们没必要为了吃蛋糕而跑到纽约去啦。
No we don’t.London is a great city!
就是。伦敦这座城市就很棒!
Come on, let’s go!
来,我们走吧!
Bye!
再见!

  • 561.mp3 (2.29M ,需要6鸭粮,下载次数:0) 购买 记录
分享到: 更多


登录->分享->零鸭粮(ps:没有登录分享么奖励哦~~!)

分类:
BBC
标签:
BBC地道英语