小胖
0 回复

【BBC地道英语】养眼花瓶

上一篇 下一篇 小胖 发表于:2016-09-09 13:40 浏览(455) 分享到微博

养眼花瓶

Eye candy

blob.png



http://bbs.iyuce.com/quAfyi
音乐播放

563.mp32.21M需要6鸭粮下载次数:0



Hello.I’m Feifei and with me in the studio is …
大家好。我是菲菲,和我一起在演播室的是……
Finn, hello!
芬恩,大家好!
Hey, do you feel a bit tired, Finn?Well, I do.What a party yesterday!
嗨,你会不会觉得有一点累呀,芬恩?嗯,我好累啊。昨天的聚会太赞了!
Yes, it was good, wasn’t it?Great food, plenty to drink…
是啊,特别棒,对吧?好吃的食物,很多饮品…
Now… forgive me for being nosey but…you said you were too busy working to have a love life.So… who was that beautiful woman you were with?
现在…原谅我八卦,可是…你说你工作太忙了,没时间谈恋爱。所以…昨晚跟你一起的那位漂亮女士是谁呀?
Ah, that was … just a girl I know…
啊,那是…只是我认识的一个女孩儿啦…
Come on, Finn, don’t be so mysterious.Everybody was looking at her.She looked like a supermodel!Is it serious?No offence, but how did you manage to attract a woman like that?
得了吧,芬恩,不要这么神秘嘛。每个人都在看她哎。她看上去就像个超模!你们是认真的吗?无意冒犯,但你是怎么吸引到这样的女生的啊?
What do you mean?I’m very handsome!But she’s not my girlfriend…
你什么意思啊?我也是很帅的啊!但她不是我女朋友…
Just some eye candy, then?
那么说她只是养眼花瓶了?
That’s not fair.I mean, yes she’s beautiful –but eye candy means someone who is attractive,but not very interesting…
这不公平。我是说,她确实很漂亮——但养眼花瓶指的是那些虽然长得很吸引人,但十分无趣的人…
I know –just teasing!It sounds like you like her…
我知道——只是在开玩笑啦!听上去你好像喜欢她啊…
Err, OK then, I do quite like her…
嗯,那好吧,我确实很喜欢她…
Ooh, you admitted it!
啊,你承认了!
I know…
我知道…
We can also use eye candy to talk about thingswhich look good but are not very useful.Let’s hear some examples.
我们也可以用养眼花瓶来形容那些华而不实的东西。让我们来听几个例子吧。
I was going out with this gorgeous footballer but it didn’t last.He was just eye candy.
我曾和这个很帅的运动员约过会,但并没有持续多久。他只不过是个养眼花瓶。
This illustrated cookbook looks goodbut you can never find the ingredients for the recipes.These pictures are just eye candy!
这本图文并茂的食谱看上去很好,但是你根本找不到食谱里的作料。这些图片不过是养眼花瓶而已。
Well, the party was fun anyway.And you know what?Today I’m going on a date with a guy I met there.
好吧,总之聚会还是很好玩的。你知道吗?今天我要和一个在聚会上认识的人约会。
Mmm… is this the beginning of a romance, Feifei?
嗯…这是一段浪漫史的开始吗,菲菲?
Oh, no.He’s very boring, actually.
噢,不。其实那个人特别无聊。
Just some eye candy then?
那他只是养眼花瓶了?
Well… we’ll see.But I want to make all my friends jealous!
嗯…再说吧。但是我想让我所有的朋友都感到嫉妒!
Bye!
再见!

  • 563.mp3 (2.21M ,需要6鸭粮,下载次数:0) 购买 记录
分享到: 更多


登录->分享->零鸭粮(ps:没有登录分享么奖励哦~~!)

分类:
BBC
标签:
BBC地道英语