小胖
0 回复

【BBC地道英语】老旧过时的;复古怀旧的

上一篇 下一篇 小胖 发表于:2016-09-08 13:58 浏览(761) 分享到微博

老旧过时的;复古怀旧的

Old-school

blob.png



http://bbs.iyuce.com/6zErYf
音乐播放

5004.mp33.21M需要6鸭粮下载次数:0



Hello and welcome to The English We Speak from BBC Learning English. I’m Sian.
大家好,欢迎收听BBC英语教学的地道英语。我是西恩。
Hi everyone, I’m Feifei.
嗨,大家好,我是菲菲。
What on earth are you looking for Feifei? Why are you taking everything out of your bag?
你究竟在找什么呀菲菲?为什么把书包里所有东西都掏出来了呢?
I’m just looking for a stamp – I know I’ve got one in here somewhere. I just can’t seem to find it.
我只是在找一枚邮票,我知道我有一枚邮票,就在这儿的某个地方。只是我好像找不到了。
A stamp? What do you want a stamp for?
一枚邮票?你要邮票干嘛?
I’ve written a letter to my family and I want to get it in the post before midday.
我给家里写了一封信,想在中午之前就寄走。
You’ve written a letter? That’s a bit old-school isn’t it?
你写了一封信?这就有一点老旧过时了,是吧?
Old-school’? Who are you calling ’old-school’? I’m younger than you!
“老旧过时”?你说谁“老旧过时”呢?我比你还年轻呢!
Yeah but writing letters is quite old-school, you know –it’s a bit old-fashioned. Most people just email or send instant messages nowadays.
没错,但写信实在是太老套守旧了,你知道的——这是有一点过时的。如今大多数人都会发电子邮件或者是即时消息。
Yeah, but it’s so nice to get a real letter in the post! So ’old-school’ basically describes something that’s from an earlier time - something old-fashioned. Let’s hear some examples:
对,但是收到一封邮寄来的真正的信真是太棒了!所以说“老旧过时的”这个词主要是描述早期的一些东西——一些过时的东西。让我们来听一些例子吧:
Woah! That haircut is so old-school!
哇!那个发型太过时啦!
You want to go roller-skating tonight? Man, that’s so old-school!
你今晚想去滑旱冰?老兄,那也太过时了吧!
Our new teacher is a bit old-school in his approach, but he always gets good results.
我们新老师的方法有一点过时,但他总能得到好的结果。
So ’old-school’ is used as a bit of an insult, right?
所以用“老旧过时的”这个词的时候是有一点侮辱性质的,对吧?
No, it doesn’t have to be. It can also be used a compliment – to talk about something from the past that you admire. Or to describe something you feel nostalgic about.
不,不一定。这个词也可以用作一种称赞,用来谈论你所欣赏的旧时事物。或者用来描述一些你觉得怀旧的事物。
I love your new coat – it’s so old-school!
我喜欢你的新外套,它太复古啦!
Look at these old-school computer games, aren’t they awesome?!
看这些怀旧的电脑游戏,是不是很棒?!
Exactly, I think it’s a good thing to be old-school. If only I could find that stamp.
确实是,我觉得怀旧一点是件好事。要是我能找到那枚邮票该多好。
Why don’t you just fax it?
你为什么不用传真呢?
Well, that really would be old-school Sian.Get with the times!
嗯,那才真的是老旧过时啊西恩。要与时俱进好吧!

  • 5004.mp3 (3.21M ,需要6鸭粮,下载次数:0) 购买 记录
分享到: 更多


登录->分享->零鸭粮(ps:没有登录分享么奖励哦~~!)

分类:
BBC
标签:
BBC地道英语