小胖
0 回复

【BBC地道英语】我已经被你说服了

上一篇 下一篇 小胖 发表于:2016-09-02 15:13 浏览(823) 分享到微博

睁眼说瞎话

To lie through your teeth

blob.png



http://bbs.iyuce.com/73iUJv
音乐播放

580.mp35.86M需要6鸭粮下载次数:0



Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.I’m Helen and joining me today is Rob.
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。我是海伦,今天和我一起的是罗布。
Hello.Hey, have you heard Neil’s good news?
大家好。嘿,你有没有听说尼尔的好消息呀?
No, what’s that?
没有,什么呀?
Well, he ran in the London Marathon and he came first!
他参加了伦敦马拉松,还拿了第一名!
That’s impossible.
不可能吧。
Well I know it’s hard to believebut he has been training very hard and he’s quite a fast runner.
好吧,我知道这令人难以置信,但他训练特别刻苦,而且他确实跑得很快。
Sorry Rob –he’s lying through his teeth –he went to the cinema on Sunday!
抱歉,罗布——他这是睁眼说瞎话啊——他周日去电影院了!
Oh, did he really? Well, you’ve just used a perfect phrase –to lie through your teeth’ –it means to tell someone something that’s completely untrue.
噢,真的吗?好吧,你刚刚用了一个很好的习语——“睁眼说瞎话”——意思是告诉别人完全不真实的事情。
That’s why I said it!So he’s giving you false information.
这就是我为什么要这么说!他告诉你的事情是假的。
Yes, I’m going to have words with him –but before I do,let’s hear some more examples of this phrase…
嗯,我要去和他谈谈——但在此之前,让我们先来听几个关于这个短语的例子吧…
When she said she was nearly 30 years old,I knew she was lying through her teeth!
她说自己近30岁的时候,我就知道她是在睁眼说瞎话!
They promised we’d get free drinks every day at our hotelbut they were lying through their teeth.
他们承诺在酒店里,我们每天都有免费的饮料喝,但他们是在睁眼说瞎话。
He lied through his teeth when he said he bought her an expensive engagement ring –it was just a cheap one from the catalogue.
他说为她买了一枚昂贵的订婚戒指,这是睁眼说瞎话——那只是商品目录里一枚便宜的戒指。
So, ’to lie through your teeth’ means to say something that’s false.Neil was telling an outrageous lie,I can’t believe you fell for it.
所以“睁眼说瞎话”的意思就是说假话。尼尔撒的谎这么离谱,没想到你就轻易相信了。
Well actually,it was me who was lying through my teeth.Neil didn’t tell me he’d won the marathon – it was a trick to find out where Neil really was on Sunday – and now you’ve told me –he was at the cinema on his own!Thanks very much.
嗯,事实上,睁眼说瞎话的那个人是我。尼尔没有告诉我他赢得了马拉松赛——这只是弄清楚尼尔星期天究竟去了哪儿的小把戏啦——你已经告诉我啦——他自己去了电影院!太谢谢你啦。
Well, to be honest, he wasn’t alone at the cinema –he went with me but we forgot to invite you.Sorry!
嗯,说实话,他不是单独去的电影院——他是和我一起去的,但是我们忘记邀请你了。对不起呀!
You liar!
你这个骗子!
It was just a little white lie –a lie that’s told just to avoid upsetting someone.
这只是一个小小的善意的谎言——撒这个谎以免有人会不开心。
Well it hasn’t worked.I’m off.Good bye!
但这没用。我走了。再见!
Oh dear, Rob.
天哪,罗布。

  • 580.mp3 (5.86M ,需要6鸭粮,下载次数:0) 购买 记录
分享到: 更多


登录->分享->零鸭粮(ps:没有登录分享么奖励哦~~!)

分类:
BBC
标签:
BBC地道英语